Lovenox/Clexane given SQ (CavieJasper)

Lovenox is a blood thinner, burns like hell, and leaves terrible bruising. However, after 7 IVF cycles I have learned some tricks to help with the pain and bruises. Here they are, I hope they help you, too. Note: This is not for training purposes and each patient has their own dosage, specific doctor's orders and techniques. This was done to show a friend how I personally do my own shots and I am not a doctor, just an IVF patient. Please direct all questions to your own RE.

Thanks CavieJasper!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!!! I am really struggling with my Clexane injection. I am on my 7th cycle and never had a problem with unbearable pain from injections but with Clexane - OUCH!! It really does sting like an electric shock and linger!!! I don't know if I can continue for the 20 or so weeks - I'm only week one! Your advice might just get me through though. I'm giving it a go tomorrow. So very kind of you to share!! Thank you!