I'm feeling pretty smug because I have no bruises after four weeks of clexane injections. Things I've learned:
- Slow and steady is the secret.
- Draw any droplets away from the tip of the needle before injecting.
- Inject slowly and steadily, pinching just gently, bevel up (skinny bit first) taking care not to wiggle the needle.
- Draw out slowly and steadily, keeping the skin taught, again taking care not to wiggle the needle.
- Apply ice and pressure for a minute or two after the shot.
- It doesn't actually hurt!
- Later addition - after a couple of months, if you inject too often in the same spot you will start to bruise, so try to vary it.